Mini course 1: December / 05 (Saturday, morning and afternoon) – 08 hours:
- SeisComP3 – Determination of Epicenters and Magnitudes (Marcelo Bianchi – USP and Bruno Collaço – USP).
- Target Audience: People involved with earthquakes location using P and S-wave readings and magnitude determination, network operators and seismograms analysts.
- Prerequisites: To identify an earthquake in a seismogram contaminated by different noise forms; concepts of P and S-waves, and identify the depth phase pP; concepts of magnitudes calculations; differences between magnitudes ML, MB and mR; understand the concept of residues per station and travel time charts (see program for details).
Mini course 2: december/06 (Sunday morning) – 04 hours:
- Analysis programs in seismology – getting Started with ObsPy (George Sand França – UnB, monitors: Cristobal Condori and Diogo Farrapo – UnB)
- Target Audience: People involved in seismology in general.
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Python 2.7 and seismology.
Mini course 3: december/06 (Sunday afternoon) – 04 hours:
- Relative location with phase correlation (Caio Ciardelli – USP)
- Target Audience: Seismograms analysts, undergraduate and graduate students; and Seismology professionals in general.
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of seismology and digital signal analysis; basic knowledge of SAC and Python 2.7 software.
Para obter o certificado de participação nos minicursos é necessário efetuar a inscrição no Decanato de Extensão da Universidade de Brasília (DEX), o que pode ser feito pelo site abaixo:
To obtain the participation certificate in short courses it is necessary to make the registration in Deanery Extent of the University of Brasilia (DEX), which can be done by the website below:
- Prof. Dr. Marcelo Assumpção (USP): The importance of seismology studies in Brazil
- Prof. Dr. Jiří Zahradnik (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic) and E. Sokos (University of Patras, Greece): Software package ISOLA for moment-tensor calculations – recent innovations.
- Profa. Dra. Patrícia Alvarado (UNSJ – Argentina): Advances in the characterization of the Andean seismically active crust above the Pampean flat slab subduction.
- Dra. Lucia Fojtíková (Geophysical Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences – Slovak Republic): Focal mechanisms of weak events from polarities and waveforms inversion – new approaches demonstrated on a rare Mw 4.3 event in Brazil.
Prof. Dr. Francisco Hilário (UFRN): Magnitude, direction and stratigraphy of stresses in North-eastern Brazil: Implications for deformation of the upper crust.
- Seismic hazard map of Brazil: Presentation and discussion with the State Civil Defense Coordinators, ABNT, CREA, CEMADEN, UN Department of Natural Disasters Prevention and the Institutional Safety Office of the Presidency.
- The Brazilian Seismographic Network (RSBR): Function and sustainability;
- Brazilian Seismic Bulletin: Presentation and improvements;
- Use of the Pool of Geophysical Equipment – PEG-BR – Sergio Fontes.